Input-Output Tables and Satellite Accounts for EU27 on NUTS2 Level (IOT_NUTS2)
JRC-IPTS (Institute for Prospective Technological Studies of the Directorate General Joint Research Centre)
December 2009 - December 2010
- EuroCARE GmbH (coordination and lead)
- Landbouw-Economisch Instituut (LEI) B.V.
A regionalised database of social accounting matrices has been developed in the context of data harmonisation efforts for simulation models in use at JRC-IPTS (AgLINK, ESIM, CAPRI, GLOBE, GTAP). IOT-NUTS2 covers EU27 on the NUTS2 regional scale and was supposed to facilitate linkages between partial and general equilibrium models on a regional scale. Results have been used to establish the layer of regional CGEs in the CAPRI-RD project.
- Within IOT-NUTS2 an inventory of datasets relevant for the compilation of the specified regional Input/ Output Tables (IOT) is created by including national statistical departments as well as databases developed in comparable previous projects. These data is combined with identified, free available datasets from the respective sources.
- Statistical methods are developed that exploit the potentially available data to a maximum extent.
- Finally the JRC-IPTS staff is enabled to complete, maintain and further develop the database by providing training sessions and documentation of the compilation procedure.
Contributions of EuroCARE
EuroCARE is responsible for all tasks, while LEI validates and checks the results.